I've been really intoxicated by the neon color phenomenon,
I just love how those subtle hints of bright neon
really excites the outfit. So , I was desperate to make one myself , with the Haris edge of course!
If you think covered in neon from head to toe maybe a little to bright to swallow,
then go for a little statement
piece of neon accessories, it would brighten up your day.
Today i'll be making an Aztec yellow neon necklace.
Now, I made this necklace without purchasing anything . I'm serious. I found junk around house and
made a necklace out of it like all of my necklaces are made.
1) Try to not to buy anything , haha. Do a little scavenger hunt around the house and find anything that
you think could help , ANYTHING. you could be surprise on what you can find.
2) Lay down your finds, and think of a shape you want for the necklace and get ideas through the web.
Start playing around with the these to find possible shapes.
3) For me, I found these little rectangular wooden toys , so I decided to glue them together and
make an angle. And took two more and cut them spontaneously to give them a rough crystal look.
4) Spray paint your pieces or in my case i used acrylic and mixed the neon.
5) Attach your chain with loops and hooks ( I found chain from a door sign) but If you can't find one
, you can just get them cheap.
Now, I know it sounds a little vague but I can't really explain exactly what I did because I make stuff
as I go , I don't planned them, same goes for all of you , you may have your own ways of doing it.
Or, if this is to much of a hassle, just get an unused necklace, pref ably beaded and just spray paint it
neon and your done!.
Here are some other bloggers creation,
a pair and a spare
And here's a great article by confession of a product junkie on how to wear neon without looking like
a glow stick.
Dannijo necklaces, image via The Coveteur
So here's mine
Okay then, I hope this post helped with you Neon ambitions,
Till next time,